We at The William S. McCaw Company care a great deal about the privacy of our clients. We have drafted the following policy to notify you as to what information we will collect and how that data will be used to better your shopping experience. We may make changes to this policy from time to time, all of which will be noted on this page. It will be up to you to review the content on this page as often as you wish, and we invite you to do so on a regular basis. By using this site, you agree to this policy and the terms stipulated therein. We verify that this is the complete policy, and that this is the most recently updated version. The information contained here supersedes any collected from an earlier version of this page.
The William S. McCaw Company has the right to store, catalogue and utilize the following information:
- Data concerning your usage of our site, including your IP address, location, type of computer, source of referral, the length of your visit and the pages you viewed.
- Information concerning transactions you carried out on our site, including your shipping address, purchasing history and credit card number. Credit card information will be encrypted at the time of purchase.
- Any personal data you provided when you registered on our site.
- Any personal data you provided when you subscribed to any services offered by our site, including newsletters or email notifications.
- Any other information which you chose to send us for whatever reason.
This data is collected to improve your experience on our site, to make shopping more convenient and to gauge which products and services are most beneficial to our clients. None of this data will be divulged to any third parties that are not specifically involved with a given transaction. Please let us know if any of the personal information we’ve collected about you in the past needs to be updated.
Using Your Information
Personal information submitted to The William S. McCaw Company via this site can legally be used in the following ways:
- To administer our site
- To improve your experience on the site by using analytic data to make appropriate changes.
- To learn which products most interest you so that we can make your shopping experience more relevant.
- To make the website easier and more convenient to use by personalizing the site based upon your history on it, including whatever preferences you’ve specified.
- To allow you to use the services available on the site with ease.
- To send you any goods or provide you with any services ordered.
- To collect payment from you, and to send statements and invoices to you regarding that payment and the product(s) or service(s) you purchased.
- To send you communications about news, promotions or events related to The William S. McCaw Company (though you are free to opt out of these communications at any time).
- To send you any email notifications you requested from us.
- To provide analytical information to third parties. Note that this information will not be personal to you, but will be an overview of our users’ overall preferences.
- To verify or dispute any claims or complaints made by or about you concerning your experience on our site.
- To more accurately answer any questions you might have about your relationship to our site or service.
- To prevent fraud and improve overall security.
- To verify your compliance with our terms and conditions.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
We will use and publish the personal information you have submitted to us in accordance with your specific privacy settings. Some, though not all, of these settings can be altered to your discretion. We will never provide third parties with your information for the purpose of direct marketing unless you request that we do so. All financial transactions submitted through our website are handled by Heartland Payment Services in conjunction with authorize.net. We will share only data related to your transaction with these parties.
Security of Your Information
We will take reasonable action to attempt to prevent your data from being lost, misused or altered. All data is stored on secure servers and any electronic transactions carried out are encrypted. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data sent to us online. When you submit data to The William S. McCaw Company, or any online service, you do so with the knowledge that there is an inherent danger in sending information over the internet. You are wholly responsible for keeping your password and login details confidential. Should you divulge this data, The William S. McCaw Company cannot be held responsible for the outcome.
Your Legally Held Rights
You may, at any time, request any personal information about you that we have held. This includes your transaction history and any information you have submitted online. To receive this data you will need to supply evidence confirming your identity. Additional fees may apply based upon the nature of the request submitted. We may have the legal right to withhold specific pieces of personal information under certain conditions.